Gain control and consistency over your data
Corporate data grows enormously each year, making it a challenging task for organisations to keep track of and collect every data point available. Manual efforts of extracting and mapping data take up vast amounts of time, resources and effort in getting the data needed for further analysis or processing.
Our data ingestion product, EB Integration Engine, solves these challenges by automating the extraction and mapping process, giving organisations more control and consistency over their data ingestion tools.
How EB Integration Engine works
Source systems integration - ERP systems and unstructured data
Our data connection platform allows organisations to connect to common ERP systems and unstructured data (i.e documents) using our data connectors to gain secure access to source data either via direct to a system or cloud-based integrations.
We then use our Data Mapping Templates to transform the data into our target Common Data Model, such as our Audit Common Data Model structure.
Data pipelines process both structured and unstructured sources, such as documents, spreadsheets, text, logs, etc., to find relationships between them using machine learning techniques. We then combine these into a Common Data Model.
Our Audit Common Data Model is then used in our audit tools using Knowledge Graphs to aid an auditor in the process of performing an audit.
Within the data processing flows we provide data lineage/governance of the lifecycle such that the data can be traced from source to target with any inconsistencies flagged and reported.
What makes EB Integration Engine unique?
Breadth of data
EB Integration Engine’s most unique ability is the breadth of data that it can ingest. Most providers extract only a small subset of General Ledger (GL), and possibly also the trial balance. Engine B can read the entire ERP system, from accounts receivable to fixed assets to employee listings, and bring in every data point.
A more complete view of data
We can also bring in unstructured data like contracts and invoices, or external data from company registries or financial markets. This means auditors get a more complete view of data, making it easy to reconcile datasets, check transactions against evidence, assess the entity’s controls, assess the consistency of evidence, and identify risks like related parties. And it performs data quality checks immediately so you don’t spend days attempting to reconcile a document only to identify the data is incorrect; you’ll know within minutes.
Benefits of EB Integration Engine
- Takes the pain out of checking audit data
- Reduces reconciliation times from days to seconds
- Complete audit trail of all data
- Makes sample population reconciliation and sample selection easier
- Find out earlier if something is wrong with data
- Uses our Audit Common Data Model to make it easy to apply analytics at scale
- Enables you to plug-and-play with any analytics technology which recognised the Open Source Audit CDM (one of Microsoft’s Open CDMs)
- Enables you to access all the data you need without being tied into a specific firm’s methodology: choose or design whichever audit approach is right for you
- Helps you take the first steps towards using audit analytics or helps you to transition to using advanced analytics at scale
- Plugs into our Audit Knowledge Graph, enabling you to synthesise evidence automatically for much richer evidence analysis
Working with Microsoft
Engine B is the only organisation contributing to Microsoft’s data project for audit, making us an integral component to Microsoft’s vision for the digitisation of professional services. Collaborating with Microsoft also means that our audit CDM easily integrates with other Microsoft solutions such as Power BI and Power Apps.