The next big thing
At Engine B, it’s no secret that we’re crazy about Knowledge Graphs and think you should be too. But, what is a Knowledge Graph and how should organisations be leveraging them today?
In its simplest form, Knowledge Graphs (KGS) are complex mind maps that work similarly to a human brain by uncovering and representing connections in data in an accessible format. Their ability to highlight the most complex of relationships between data and entities, then serve this up visually and create much-need context to inform decision-making processes are just some of the reasons that make Knowledge Graphs so great.
It’s worth remembering that many of us are already using KG technology in our daily lives, perhaps unknowingly, with Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri all examples of widely-used Knowledge Graphs.
Today, more and more organisations are relying on Artificial Intelligence to aid their decision-making, make processes more efficient and free up much-needed team capacity. And in audit, Knowledge Graphs are already being used to detect fraud and uncover hidden anomalies in data, faster and easier.
So, how can Knowledge Graphs be used more broadly to solve a wide range of today’s data-related business problems?
Video: The KG Revolution
In under 5 minutes, Engine B’s brand-new video, ‘The Knowledge Graph Revolution‘, looks at an easy-to-understand Knowledge Graph use case and provides answers to the following questions:
- What is the definition of a Knowledge Graph?
- How do Knowledge Graphs work?
- How can Knowledge Graph be used to solve real-world business problems?
Want to keep reading?
Find out more about Engine B’s Knowledge Graphs and our how graph technology can be applied to your organisation, by accessing the following resources:
- Engine B’s guide to Knowledge Graphs
- Knowledge Graphs revolutionise the way we use data – An article by Head of Audit and Ethics, Franki Hackett
- What’s the difference between ontology and Knowledge Graphs?‘ – A paper written by Knowledge Engineer, Symeon Vasileiadis